AIM® “HAMMERHEAD” SCOUT 50 COMBINATION – A unique modular design that allows you to transport everything on your back!
The “Hammerhead” Scout 50 bag/mat combination comes as a set. The Scout 50 bag offers a massive amount of storage options, including four external pockets, PALS webbing for attachments as well as a well-padded main compartment for a rifle up to 49½ inches (126 centimetres) long.
The roll-up mat that can be attached to the top of the bag and offers an extra-large area for prone shooting. You can sprawl out when shooting without finding your knee or elbow in the mud. It is 100% waterproof and seamless on the underside. Its compact design allows you to roll it into a tight package whilst still offering unparalleled comfort and protection.
Scout 50 bag:
- Scout 50 has a squarer shape compared to tactical drag bags, such as the AIM® 50 providing extra capacity. Additional padding for this bag.
- Main compartment features three adjustable weapon-securing straps and reinforced stock support pocket to fix the rifle in position. Cordura® lined for tear-resistance.
- Padded internal protection along main zip to cushion rifle and optics inside.
- Strong zips throughout with protective zip flaps to keep out rain, sand and dust particles.
- A heavy-duty zip runs along the top and down the sides of the main compartment, allowing the bag to open almost flat. Side release clips provide extra security when closed
- Double-stitched seams throughout.
- All handles are Box-X stitched for strength and stability.
- Externally there is a long deep main pocket with elasticated straps for storing gear.
- Three additional large front pockets. Velcro and drawstring closures.
- PALS webbing system at either end of the bag for attaching additional MOLLE gear (1 inch webbing spaced at 1 inch intervals)
- The bag can be carried in three ways offering greater flexibility in use:
- as a rucksack. Padded shoulder straps with waist and sternum belts for stability in motion. Strong metal carabiners on the shoulder straps offer further strength to the bag. The straps can be neatly packed away, tucked inside a zipped compartment when not in use.
- as a grip bag. A webbing handle is positioned midway along the bag, providing a well-balanced option for moving it horizontally.
- via the webbing handle on the back of the bag (above the rucksack strap compartment). The bag can be dragged along the ground in classic drag bag mode. Alternatively, you can hold the bag securely vertically upright for moving along narrow corridors.
Please note: PALS stands for Pouch Attachment Ladder System
MOLLE stands for Modular Lightweight Load carrying Equipment
- Extra large surface for prone shooting. When fully open, the mat measures 80½ x 40½ inches (205 x 103 centimetres)
- Waterproof underside provides protection on wet ground.
- Tough, abrasion-resistant upper surface with a textured section for non-slip rifle positioning.
- Less padding than the Range Mat.
- Rolls up easily to compact size for transport.
- Adjustable shoulder strap and a webbing handle provide alternative carry options.
- Can be combined with the Scout 50 bag and clipped easily onto the PALS webbing.
Scout 50 Bag:
- Made from 1000 denier Cordura® – this rugged and water-resistant material has a high resistance to abrasion and tearing
- Extra thick closed cell padding to protect your rifle.
- Heavy duty metal carabiners and snaphooks on rucksack straps.
- High grade zips and clips all round.
- Upper surface: 1000 denier Cordura® – this rugged and water-resistant material has a high resistance to abrasion and tearing
- Underside: 100% waterproof
- High grade metal snap hooks on adjustable webbing shoulder strap
Scout 50 Bag:
Overall external dimensions (length x width x depth):
53 x 13 x 3 inches (134 x 33 x 8 centimetres)
Please note, depth measurement excludes pockets
Largest pocket internal dimensions:
25 inches (63 centimetres) long x 10½ inches (27 centimetres) wide
Three smaller pocket internal dimensions:
8 inches (21 centimetres) deep. Width varies between 5 to 6½ inches
With flaps folded:
The mat measures 69 x 27½ inches (176 x 70 centimetres)
With flaps extended:
The mat measures 80½ x 40½ inches (205 x 103 centimetres)
Rolled dimensions (length x width x depth):
28 x 12 x 4½ inches (71 x 30 x 11 centimetres)